Cape Coral, FL can be a good place for older adults to live for several reasons:
- Climate: Cape Coral enjoys a warm and sunny climate throughout the year, which can be appealing to older adults who prefer milder temperatures. The pleasant weather allows for outdoor activities and a relaxed lifestyle.
- Senior-Friendly Communities: Cape Coral has a significant population of older adults, and there are several senior-friendly communities and retirement communities in the area. These communities often offer amenities, social activities, and support services tailored to the needs and preferences of older residents.
- Healthcare Facilities: Cape Coral has healthcare facilities, medical centers, and specialized care providers to cater to the healthcare needs of older adults. Additionally, the neighboring city of Fort Myers offers additional healthcare options, including hospitals and medical specialists.
- Recreational Activities: Cape Coral is known for its access to waterways, including canals and the Gulf of Mexico. This provides opportunities for boating, fishing, and other water-based recreational activities. The city also has parks, golf courses, and walking trails that can contribute to an active and engaging lifestyle.
- Affordability: Compared to some other Florida cities, Cape Coral is relatively affordable, especially when it comes to housing costs. This can be beneficial for older adults who are looking for a cost-effective place to live.
- Community Support: Cape Coral has resources and support services for older adults, including senior centers, social programs, and organizations that promote the well-being and engagement of older residents. These services can help foster a sense of community and provide assistance when needed.
- Access to Amenities: Cape Coral offers a range of amenities, including shopping centers, restaurants, and cultural attractions. The city has a growing number of dining and entertainment options that cater to a diverse population.
It's a nice place to live and people are nice . The town is clean and weather is good
Good health care,
Lots of local activities
Cape Coral is a good city for all ages with things to do for all of these age groups. There's always room for improvement no matter where you are, but I've been here since 1995 for a reason!
Before the hurricane I worked caring for 6 ladies at the same location for many years my job washed away I quickly found another job caring for a man with a tracheostomy still employed
Senior Living Communities
Explore Home Care Options Near You
Consider the benefits of an in-home caregiver. Care can range from 1 hour a day, to a few hours a week, to full time. Connect to a trusted provider today.
Find a Financial Professional Near You
How did Florida earn the grade of A? We examined the state taxes based on how age friendly they are. Florida has a state sales tax of 6.00%. Of particular interest is that Florida does not have taxes on social security. There are no estate taxes. There are no taxes imposed on inheritance. Florida has an effective property tax rate of 1.02%. Weighing these taxes and other taxes most likely to impact the aging population is how Florida earned its state tax grade of A.
Learn more about taxes in Florida