NYC's Dept. of Aging provides scores of resources for its citizens, including:
- Locations of senior centers around the city which provide help and entertainment, such as art, music, and dance classes, walking clubs, yoga, and tai chi, chronic disease self-management classes for people with arthritis, diabetes, and high blood pressure, nutrition and other workshops, benefits screenings (Medicare, Medicaid, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, and other programs), technology classes, recreational trips, transportation, lunch (some centers also serve breakfast), and holiday and birthday celebrations.
- In-home services that could include housekeeping, meal preparation, counseling on long-term care issues, friendly visits, and home-delivered meals.
- Health insurance resources and answers.
- Employment services and training.
- Transportation and bill paying help.
The NYC Map of Aging shows available services, and amenities for residents age 65+.
Contacts Donna Corrado, Ph.D.
Commissioner for the Department of Aging
2 Lafayette St.
New York, NY 10007
If I want to do it you can give it to me feel free I will do all the work hope you give it to me
I have great experience working with the elderly
I have prior experience working with people that have disabilities and hold on to great care of the elderly with these experiences I will give great effort to accomodate your companys best of insterest with your staff.as a group or personalized .
My neighborhood is a nice walking clean area, the people are kind, and the noise level isn't too high. a beautiful setting for the elderly.
Im currently working as caregiver and trying to relocate in NY
A peaceful place for older people.
A Great Work Environment
The community that I reside in currently isn't age friendly. Reasons being buildings and public transportation service aren't accommodating to needs of our senior citizens.
Senior Living Communities
Explore Home Care Options Near You
Consider the benefits of an in-home caregiver. Care can range from 1 hour a day, to a few hours a week, to full time. Connect to a trusted provider today.
Find a Financial Professional Near You
How did New York earn the grade of C? We examined the state taxes based on how age friendly they are. New York has a state sales tax of 4.00%. Of particular interest is that New York does not have taxes on social security. There are estate taxes. There are no taxes imposed on inheritance. New York has an effective property tax rate of 1.65%. Weighing these taxes and other taxes most likely to impact the aging population is how New York earned its state tax grade of C.
Learn more about taxes in New York
Please, tell us why: