Waltham can be a good town for older adults to live in. Here are some reasons why:
- Healthcare: Waltham is located in close proximity to renowned healthcare institutions, including Boston's world-class hospitals and medical centers. This provides easy access to quality healthcare services and specialists.
- Senior Services: Waltham has dedicated senior services and programs that aim to support older adults in the community. These services may include social activities, health and wellness programs, transportation assistance, and access to resources and benefits.
- Housing Options: Waltham offers a variety of housing options suitable for older adults, including senior living communities, apartments, and assisted living facilities. There are options available to accommodate different preferences and needs.
- Cultural and Recreational Opportunities: Waltham has a rich cultural scene, with museums, art galleries, and theaters. The city also has parks, walking trails, and recreational facilities that provide opportunities for outdoor activities and social engagement.
- Community Engagement: Waltham has senior centers, community centers, and organizations that offer programs and activities specifically tailored for older adults. These resources provide opportunities for social interaction, learning, and engagement with peers.
- Access to Amenities: Waltham offers a range of amenities, including shopping centers, restaurants, and recreational facilities. The town has a vibrant downtown area with various shops and dining options, enhancing convenience and quality of life for older adults.
This town has a positive experience for older adults. Not too ritzy, and transportation options for getting into Boston are very good.
It is to early to say.
Convenient, good public transportation, lots of green space, some housing is affordable, centrally located near routes 128/95, MassPike, and Routes 20, 50, and 117.
Good community engagement and good neighbors
I'd need to have a more first hand experience to compare this to a retirement home where I worked at.
Senior Living Communities
Explore Home Care Options Near You
Consider the benefits of an in-home caregiver. Care can range from 1 hour a day, to a few hours a week, to full time. Connect to a trusted provider today.
Find a Financial Professional Near You
How did Massachusetts earn the grade of C? We examined the state taxes based on how age friendly they are. Massachusetts has a state sales tax of 6.25%. Of particular interest is that Massachusetts does not have taxes on social security. There are estate taxes. There are no taxes imposed on inheritance. Massachusetts has an effective property tax rate of 1.21%. Weighing these taxes and other taxes most likely to impact the aging population is how Massachusetts earned its state tax grade of C.
Learn more about taxes in Massachusetts