What Information Do We Collect?
When you use our Services, we may collect, store, and process various kinds of data, including Personal Information about you. “Personal Information” refers to information about you that can be used to identify you.
Specifically, we may collect, store, or process information when you:
- Submit a form on the Site;
- Create an account on the Site;
- Contribute public content;
- Contact us with inquiries, including via email;
- Sign up to receive communications; or
- Voluntarily provide information.
Why We Collect Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To present our Services to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To notify you about changes to our products or Services we offer;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Services;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- With your permission, we may send you marketing emails about our Services, new products and other updates;
- For any other purpose with your consent;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site visitors is among the assets transferred.
How We Use Tracking Technologies
This, in turn, helps us make our Services relevant to your interests and needs. We use both first-party Tracking Technologies and third-party Tracking Technologies.
Please note however that if you disable our cookies you may not be able to access certain services or facilities on our Site.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Our Site currently does not respond to “do not track” or similar signals.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- With affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business;
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- With affiliates if you opt-in to receiving communications from affiliates;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To enforce any agreement, including any applicable terms of service;
- To establish or exercise our right to defend against legal claims;
- To law enforcement and other government authorities such as legislatures, courts, agencies and litigants if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of governmental authorities; (b) comply with legal process; (c) respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) protect the security or integrity of the Services’ information systems; and/or (e) exercise or protect our rights, privacy, safety or those of affiliates, clients, you or others; and
- If we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Age-Friendly Institute or others.
Some of our service providers pay a fee for access to our membership list. These fees are used for the general purposes of our Services. All of our service providers are required to keep our member information confidential, and to use the information only to offer jobs, or the contracted products or services to AgeFriendly.org and AgeFriendly.org members. Some of our Age Friendly service providers may also collect data about our members through their interactions with the members. The service providers may share some or all of this data with AgeFriendly.org so that we may make available more effective and personalized service to our members.
We may share aggregated information about the use of this site to companies with which we have business relationships. This usage information, such as numbers and frequency of visits, is used to attract appropriate advertisers to various areas of the site. We provide this data so that advertisers and other businesses can better understand how people use partners’ content and the Site, with the goal of providing the best possible experience.
Your contributions to the Site are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your photos, ratings, reviews, and other posts. Some of your account details, like your name, may also be available for public consumption.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
To protect your Personal Information, we take commercially reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your information to our Platform thus is done entirely at your own risk.
Our Site may contain links to other sites, including those of third parties or partners. While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices other websites use. By accessing other third party websites or applications through our Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. It is possible that other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you use our Site.
Our Site is hosted and operated in the United States (“US”) and elsewhere in the world. By using this Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing our Sites from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information about individuals residing in the European Union. If you believe we have collected or processed personal information about any individuals residing in the European Union, please contact us immediately at [email protected].
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old. If you are under 13 years old, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address,
Review and Correction of Your Information